Director, NCERT, New Delhi constitutes the Institutes’ Advisory Board (IAB) of RIEs with the following composition:
1. Principal, RIE: Chairperson
2. Dean of Instruction : Member
3. All Heads of Departments of RIE : Member
4. Head, PPMED, NCERT, New Delhi : Member
5. Five external experts nominated by the Director, NCERT, New Delhi : Member
6. Nominee of the Director : Member
The function of the Institute Advisory Board is to advise the Institute on all academic programmes, projects and activities. As per the States’ needs, the Institute submits the educational program proposals before the IAB and IAB is expected to assist/advise at the proposal stage of the programs in the areas of extension, research, training and development.The proposals thus finalised are placed before the Management Committee for consideration.